“pick your own”
Ladybird Organics is Melbourne’s only certified organic pick your own strawberry farm.
Normally Open to the public daily during the strawberry season, October – May.
Strawberry Picking is Open Daily during season 10am to 5pm. Please call 0418 170 335 to check on conditions.
Closed Christmas day, Boxing Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday
Address 175 Arundel Road Keilor, Melways reference map 14, h2.
How to “pick your own”
- Collect your strawberry picking tub from the farm shop
- Follow the signs and path that lead to the strawberry field
- Go to the area where sign posted, note that all fields are not open to the public for “pick your own”
- Pick berries that are fully red and ready to eat. Strawberries do not ripen once picked
- A full picking punnet will weigh approximately 2 kilograms
- Return to the register at farm shop to pay for fruit. Staff will weigh your Strawberries. The cost of strawberries you pick is $12 per kg.
PLEASE NOTE: Ladybird Organics aims to make available “pick your own” seven days per week. However, weather conditions and environmental issues can cause the field to be closed to the public. we appreciate your patience with our staff in the event of this occurring.
Please supervise children at all times. Ladybird Organics is a busy working farm and we want everyone to remain safe.
Please respect our crops and our organic status, observe all instructions before entering the field.